You will learn here:
- How Veterans benefits work with Medicare
- What to consider if still working and on an employer plan with Medicare
- Medicare coverage when hospitalized for “observation”
- Medicare coverage while traveling
- Medicare dental and vision coverage
- Medicare for those under 65 on disability
- Ways to lower prescription cost
- Detailed special election period scenario‘s
- Late Medicare enrollment penalties
- Uncovered prescriptions under Medicare Part D
1) A Medicare beneficiary is a veteran and eligible for VA benefits. How does VA benefits and Medicare work together?
2) Can I submit my deductibles, coinsurance and co-pays from my VA plan into Medicare for reimbursement?
3) I'm over 65 and still working. I received my Medicare Part A card. How does my Medicare work with my employer plan?
4) I'm eligible for both Medicare and Medicaid. I'm enrolled in both. Who pays first?
5) You have an employer group health plan through your former employer after you retire and are 65 or older and you're eligible for Medicare. Who pays first?
6) How does Medicare cover me when I'm in the hospital under "Observation"
7) What kind of coverage does Medicare provide when I travel outside the USA?
8) Do Medicare Advantage plans offer Dental or Vision coverage?
9) Is there a Part D prescription Drug Plan that does not contain the coverage gap or "doughnut hole"?
10) How can insurance carriers offer Medicare Advantage Plans at low to no cost to beneficiaries?
11) Do I have to buy a Part D prescription drug plan if I'm not currently taking medications?
12) Is there a cost working with a local, independent agent?
13) I get extra help paying for my Medicare prescription drug plan. Do I qualify for a Medicare Advantage election period?
14) I no longer get extra help paying for my Medicare prescription drug plan. Do I qualify for a Medicare Advantage election period?
15) I am moving into, living in, or recently moved out of a long term care facility (nursing home or long term care facility). Do I qualify for a Medicare Advantage election period?
16) I recently moved outside of the service area for my current plan or I recently moved and there is a new Medicare Advantage plan option for me. Do I qualify for a Medicare Advantage election period?
17) I recently, involuntarily lost my credible drug coverage (was as good or better than Medicare Part D). Do I qualify for Medicare Advantage election period?
18) I am voluntarily leaving employer or union coverage. Do I qualify for a Medicare Advantage election period?
19) My plan is no longer available in my county, am I eligible for a Medicare Advantage Special enrollment period?
20) Am I eligible for a Medicare Advantage Special enrollment period if my plans contract is being terminated?
21) Am I eligible for a Medicare Advantage Special enrollment period if I'm currently enrolled in a Chronic Special needs plan but I no longer have that chronic condition that qualified me for the plan?
22) Am I eligible for a Medicare Special enrollment period if I enrolled in a Medicare Advantage plan when I first turned 65 and went on Medicare A&B?
23) How do the limits work with Part D?
24) Do I qualify for a Medicare Advantage Special enrollment if I disenroll from my current Medicare Advantage plan during the Annual Enrollment Period from (Jan 1 - Feb 14)
25) Do I qualify for a Medicare Advantage Special enrollment period if I have Diabetes, Chronic Heart Failure?
26) What happens when a spouse is turning 65 and going on Medicare but the other spouse is younger, under 65 and is not on Medicare and is currently covered by that other spouses group insurance at work?
27) How do I know if my doctors belong to a Medicare Advantage plans HMO network?
28) What types of prescription drugs are not covered by Medicare Part D prescription drug plans?